In Windows 10 (any version), the Local Group Policy Editor allows you to disable automatic updates permanently or change the Windows Update policies to decide when updates should be installed on the device.
Let’s See How can you Disable Windows 10 updates
To disable automatic updates on Windows 10 permanently, use the following steps:
- Click on Start.
- Search for the text “gpedit.msc” and click the top result to run and lunch the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Follow the steps to run windows update window:
First Click on “Computer Configuration” Then Click on “Administrative Templates” then click on “Windows Components” and finally then click on “Windows Update”
- At last you have to Double-click on “Configure Automatic Updates policy” on the right side.
- Then click on the checkbox of Disabled option to turn off this policy and also disable automatic updates permanently as like the given screenshot below
- Then click on Apply button.
- Then click on the OK button. After you complete the above steps, Windows 10 will stop auto-downloading updates on your device.Although, you can find updates manually, to do that you need to click on “Settings” then “Update & Security” and then “Windows Update“.